About the Book
This completely updated edition of The Orient BlackSwan Primary School Atlas is friendly and specially enriching for the young learner.
It has a variety of maps, photographs, illustrations and statistics presented in an attractive, informative and child-friendly way.
Some of the special features are:
- a satellite map of India as seen from space
- detailed, up-to-date regional maps of India showing all twenty nine states as well as six union territories and the National Capital Territory
- thematic maps, showing India's climate, national heritage, festivals, transport, tourist places, vegetation, soils, minerals, industries and natural hazards
- continental maps of the different continents
- historical maps, showing how India has changed over the ages
- all 196 flags of the world, including flags of newly-formed nations
- world maps with important features of the world
- blank maps of India, Asia and the world for map activities
- an easy to use index of place names